2019/2020 Waitemata Local Events Development Fund
Waitemata Local Events Development Fund
Welcome to the Auckland Council online grant application service, powered by SmartyGrants.
The local events development fund will be open for expressions of interest from 8am on 7 May 2019 to 10pm 7 June 2019.
This grant will support and develop events which:
- are locally specific and environmentally responsible
- enable partnership with established and emerging community-led events to support their development to their full potential
- enable events to be professionally run while remaining community-focused
- enable events to be financially sustainable and to become a regular and celebrated part of the Waitematā event calendar
- encourage smoke-free events, particularly those targeting children, young people and their families
- are working towards zero waste
- ensure that local events cater for our young people, providing a range of free and safe opportunities for them to attend and perform
- are of a certain scale with minimum grants of $5,000 (at the local board’s discretion)
Exclusions for Local Events Development Fund:
Under the Local Events Development Fund, the Waitematā Local Board will not fund:
- Ticketed events
- Individual or team events, conferences, private functions or award ceremonies
- Applicants who apply to Waitemata Local Board for the same project or activity more than once in a financial year
- Groups who have not completed past grant accountability requirements
- Groups requesting funding either below the minimum or over the maximum amount set
- Debt servicing or repayments
- Legal expenses
- Activities that promote religious ministry or political purposes
- Medical expenses
- Public services that are the resposibility of central government
- Physical works
- Retrospective grants
Note: If your expression of interest is unsuccessful you may still be eligible to apply for a local or quick response grant.
IMPORTANT: Please read information below to assist you in completing your application online.
You may begin anywhere in this application form. Please ensure you save as you go.
NAVIGATING (MOVING THROUGH) THE APPLICATION FORM
On every screen (page of the form) you will find a Form Navigation contents box, this links directly to every page of the application. Click the link to jump directly to the page you want.
You can also click 'next page' or 'previous page' on the top or bottom of each page to move forward or backward through the application.
SAVING YOUR DRAFT APPLICATION
If you wish to leave a partially completed application, press 'save' and log out. When you log back in and click on the 'My Submissions' link at the top of the screen, you will find a list of any applications you have started or submitted. You can reopen your draft application and start where you left off.
You can also download any application, whether draft or completed, as a PDF. Click on the 'Download' button at the bottom of the application navigation panel.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
You will find a Review and Submit button at the bottom of the Navigation Panel. You need to review your application before you can submit it.
Once you have reviewed your application you can submit it by clicking on 'Submit' at the top of the screen or on the navigation panel. You will not be able to submit your application until all the compulsory questions are completed.
Once you have submitted your application, no further editing or uploading of support materials is possible.
When you submit your application, you will receive an automated confirmation email with a copy of your submitted application attached. This will be sent to the email you used to register.
If you do not receive a confirmation of submission email then you should presume that your submission has NOT been submitted.
ATTACHMENTS AND SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
You may need to upload/submit attachments to support your application. This is very simple, but requires you to have the documents saved on your computer, or on a storage device.
You need to allow enough time for each file to upload before trying to attach another file. Files can be up to 25MB each; however, we do recommend trying to keep files to a maximum of 5MB – the larger the file, the longer the upload time.
COMPLETING AN APPLICATION IN A GROUP/TEAM
A number of people can work on an application using the same log in details as long as only one person is working at a time. Ensure you save as you go.
Most internet browsers (including Firefox v2.0 and above; Safari; and Google Chrome) have spell checking facilities built in – you can switch this function on or off by adjusting your browser settings.